Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: guns.com review link sent to me today
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:13 pm 
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•

Favorite Hi-Point: 40SW
Pretty good writeup, bad that they paid $30 for their from Tandemkross, they could have saved $14 with a quick Google search.

http://www.guns.com/review/gear-review- ... -carbines/

http://elby.yolasite.com/ Mosin sight tools

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/blrobinso ... geOffset=2
My fantasy novels and C&R Bound Book

http://blrobinson.yolasite.com/
My writing website

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: guns.com review link sent to me today
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:01 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
Hey, good press is good press. Would you believe I STILL have the ones you sent to me? Rural Oklahomans all go to the trusty hammer and punch it seems.

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:12 pm 
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•

waltham41 wrote:
Hey, good press is good press. Would you believe I STILL have the ones you sent to me? Rural Oklahomans all go to the trusty hammer and punch it seems.

Weren't those way back when I was powdercoating them? Those are collector items now, lol.

I ship a few to Oklahoma but now that you mention it, they do seem to be a bit behind most of the other states. As far as tool purchases, that is! :roflol:

My writing website

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:13 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
I would call that some very "Positive Press"!! (-:

Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be denied.”
Article VI, Section 24 of the South Dakota Constitution

I sure miss you Amp - (Dean Stephens) - Wish I could have met you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:17 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

mogunner wrote:
waltham41 wrote:

Weren't those way back when I was powdercoating them? Those are collector items now, lol.

I ship a few to Oklahoma but now that you mention it, they do seem to be a bit behind most of the other states. As far as tool purchases, that is! :roflol:

Yes they were in fact. I still have the prototypes I helped you make way back in the day too. Yes we are behind in a lot of ways, that's the way I like it. I'm not much of a progressive I'm afraid LOL

Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:26 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
But the best part is I actually went to your site (ELBY) and saw a picture of the mighty man hisownself...Not at all the way I had my mental picture...That's a good thing...hehehe :whistle: :thumb:

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:16 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

If this thread were moved to "General Discussion" the non-member public could view it. It gives a guy a better idea of how a Mosin sight tool works. Not to exploit the free publicly factor of course. I personally thought the tools function was more complicated. If one of the Hi Point Talk brethren benefits during the educational process...seems like a win for the producer as well as the consumer.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:09 pm 
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•

George Taylor wrote:
If this thread were moved to "General Discussion" the non-member public could view it. It gives a guy a better idea of how a Mosin sight tool works. Not to exploit the free publicly factor of course. I personally thought the tools function was more complicated. If one of the Hi Point Talk brethren benefits during the educational process...seems like a win for the producer as well as the consumer.

I wasn't aware of the non-member viewing restrictions thingy. And even as simple as it is, I still run into quite a few who can't figure out how to use it. Tandekross sells a couple of the tools on Amazon and one review gave the 91/30 tool a ONE-STAR review, said he had to dremel out the hole in order to get it to fit. The only way he would have had to do that was if he was trying to slide the tool over the SIGHT instead of the barrel. Of course he never actually read the instructions. But the other 65 stellar reviews pretty well render his irrelevant, but still affects the overall rating.

Something about Mosin owners I've noticed, is they seem to not like to give feedback when it's positive. Tandemkross has sold literally thousands since they started selling them, and yet only 66 have left reviews. I run into the same thing on ebay as well, the guys who buy the Lee Enfield tool are near 100% on giving feedback, while the Mosin buyers run less than half.

My writing website

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:01 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Mosin Nagant owners are a strange lot, I should know, I probably have 10 or so in my collection ;)

Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

ImageImage

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:15 am 
Fanatic
Fanatic

The "Off Topic Chatter" doesn't show up unless your logged in. Only members can view it.

Yea ...sight tools aren't complicated. I just thought opening dialogue on the subject would stimulate curiosity in lurkers who hadn't read the article. Now all we have to do is figure out how to get President Trump to mention it in a tweet.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:25 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

If anyone knows how to change it over to public viewing please get with me and I will be happy to change it.... Ive been going through the settings and haven't had any luck. I'm sure its something easy I am missing.

Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

ImageImage

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:14 pm 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

Thread has been moved to General Discussion and I verified that it can be seen without being logged in.

"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing."
Attributed to Edmund Burke, though it's source cannot be proven.

"Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything"
Alexander Hamilton

Sorry to see you go Dean. Never enough time and it makes
us all realize just what being mortal is. You have been a true friend to me
and I will miss you every day.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretence of taking care of
them."

Thomas Jefferson

Not having Windows on your computer is like
not having bricks tied to your dogs collar.

http://linuxmint.com

The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:13 pm 
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•

Cool beans. I think that the review may drive more sales to Tandemkross, but I know some folks are a bit tight to spend $30 so hopefully they are Internet-savvy enough to do a search for ELBY and that will lead them to my site.

My writing website

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:16 pm 
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•

Randy wrote:
But the best part is I actually went to your site (ELBY) and saw a picture of the mighty man hisownself...Not at all the way I had my mental picture...That's a good thing...hehehe :whistle: :thumb:

I have spent many years cultivating that personal appearance... :groan: I'm at that stage where comfort is a priority. I started wearing do-rags way back when I rode a bike, I usually wore a baseball style cap but got tired of the dang thing blowing off, there's just no dignified way for a old guy to chase down a hat that's blowing across a parking lot. Do-rags don't blow off (if they do, you should be heading for the tornado shelter!) and they wick the sweat off your head and actually cool it down if there's any breeze at all, and best of all, they prevent sunburn on my dome!

My writing website

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:04 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

:thumb:

I just started wearing one of these a couple years ago.

Also have an oilskin with no mesh for winter and rainy days. Gotta keep the tops of the ears and the head from burning. I already have a small amount of cartilage growing out of the top of one ear due to skin abatement from too many times frostbit and sunburned. The doc burns it off, the skin grows back and the process starts for the next five or so years as it grows out again. :dunno: At least, so far, it's not cancer I guess. :hmmm:

Bandanas are the best for riding, that's true.

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail