Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Contest entry - Another day at the beach
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:12 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
So, my sister and I spend another day at New Port Beach. My sister owned a brand new Toyota Corolla, but she had wrecked it pretty badly, so it was in the shop getting some body work, this was the second time she wrecked her car that summer, so we were dependent on the bus system for much of this summer.

Anyway, we had finished spending the day sunning and had walked back to the bus stop. But considering the time, we were worried that we might have missed the bus, but decided to wait a bit longer before calling someone for a ride. Then just as we were about to start making phone calls, a guy in a van pulled up and asked if we would like a ride. My sister told him that we lived in Orange, and he said no problem, it's a little bit out of my way, but I'll give you a lift. BTW. my sister had a gun in her purse, so I guess this gave her some sense of security. Having already experienced two deadly close calls by this time in my life, I was far more reluctant to take the risk. But my sister just looked me in the eye, and said, you know it's alright, lets just go.

So we hopped in the van, which was a typical California looking van, tear drop windows, the inside had custom interior with tuck and roll padded walls, nicely upholstered seats mounted against the sides, captain chairs in the front, a really nice van for the era. My sister sat up front, and I sat behind the driver seat against the van wall.

He got onto the freeway heading toward Orange. then he exited on a road that goes toward the remote hills, something Canyon Road. I don't remember the name, it's been a long time ago. My sister says hey, where you going, but before she could get another word out, he slammed on the brakes, grabbed her by the hair, put a knife to her throat, and start yelling, "Don't fucking move, I'll fucking kill her right here, right now" Then with his free hand he started ripping her top off, and ordered her to take her shorts off, while still yelling at me to not make a move. I was pretty sure that regardless of whether we obeyed his commands or not, he was likely going to kill us both, being that two of us make for good witnesses.

So without further hesitation, and knowing that her gun was in it, I lunged for my sisters purse that was sitting between the captain seats. The guy grabbed hold of it at about the same time I did, but I managed to get my legs up and pushed against him and kicked as hard as I could until I finally broke free. I rolled backwards, but I got my hands on the gun at about the same time he was squeezing between the seats and lunging toward me. But before he got on top of me, I fired a round at him. I missed and instead put a hole in the roof of the van, but it was enough that he backed off. He then says, alright, alright, were cool, and as soon as he finished saying that, he made another lunge, but this time I had control of the gun and fired a second shot, this time striking him in the shoulder. He stopped and backed off, and then says it's over, it's fucking over, just get the fuck out of my van. I kept the gun pointed at him, told my sister to grab her top and get out. I then told him to get his fucking hands on the steering wheel and don't move a muscle, or I'll fucking shoot you again. I then grabbed my sisters purse and slipped out the side door. My sister got his license plate number as he drove off.

But as usual, my sister was adamant about not wanting to contact the police, fearful that she or I would go to jail, and she was probably right. But we kept an eye on the news and newspaper to see if anyone had reported being shot or anything related to our encounter, but nothing ever surfaced. I'm guessing he probably went to a hospital and reported his injury as a shooting accident or something.

And also, his confidence led me to believe this wasn't the first time he had stared down the barrel of a gun, the gun didn't seem to spook him much at all. I think he might have either been a storm trooper in Nam, or maybe LE, cause even after I shot him, he was still very arrogant and sure of him self, so much so, that I expected him to launch another attempt to disarm me. I also don't think we were his first victims, he was just far to confident and organized.

My apology for the use of vulgarity, I don't often curse, hope I didn't offend anyone.

GS
"When seconds count, the police are minutes away"

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Contest entry - Another day at the beach
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:54 pm 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

GS, you guys have a lot of times that you're lucky to have survived!!!

"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing."
Attributed to Edmund Burke, though it's source cannot be proven.

"Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything"
Alexander Hamilton

Sorry to see you go Dean. Never enough time and it makes
us all realize just what being mortal is. You have been a true friend to me
and I will miss you every day.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretence of taking care of
them."

Thomas Jefferson

Not having Windows on your computer is like
not having bricks tied to your dogs collar.

http://linuxmint.com

The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:20 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You have no idea just how hard it is to be me. I don't vacation or travel through states that restrict my ability to carry. Am I paranoid, I would say yes.

I also have had a few problems making friends. My last buddy who I met while fishing seemed ok, that is until one day he mentioned that he got thrown in the slammer for hitting his wife a while back. I then asked him if he has sought help, and his response was, I don't need any help, she's my wife, the government has no business interfering with how a man disciplines his wife. Wow, really, disciplines his wife? Then he says come on, you telling me that you don't smack your wife when she has it coming or needs reminding of who the boss is? We had been hanging out for a year or so when he told me about this, so I guess he thought I would be just fine with the prospect of assaulting one's spouse. He continued to try and reason and shove his perspective down my throat, but I just straight up told him I have zero tolerance for those with explosive tempers, and that think it's normal acceptable behavior to lay hands on their wife or any other woman.

I'm not judging anyone, I just don't need friends who, IMO, I can't trust. Anyone, and I mean anyone who hits other people out of anger, much less a woman, has a violent temper and some deep rooted issues that make me very uncomfortable. Individuals like this are capable of anything when something triggers their anger, and I choose to not be in the company of those types.

GS

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:41 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
GS - You have some pretty fascinating, yet fairly tragic stories...
I've only read 2 so far, and both involve you or a family member getting attacked and you pulling a gun!!
I'm hoping there aren't anymore - That's enough excitement for a lifetime...

And - I'm just guessing... I bet you are a pretty strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment!!!

Anyway, it looks like to me you could have saved the world a lot of money and grief maybe twice now??

Someone molesting a family member means head shots are perfectly acceptable - same goes for attempted kidnapping... :shock:

I paid for pistol permits for my wife and 3 grown daughters - and bought them all pistols.
They are little Jimenez 22 pistols - but hey, you gotta start somewhere and I ain't exactly rich...

I think my daughters all carry consistently. One a little less as she's a nurse at the state penitentiary...
My wife not as much since she works at the school.
Our state was looking at making it legal to carry a gun at school... I can't remember how that ended up - I'll have to look into that!!

Looking forward to reading some of your other stories!!

Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be denied.”
Article VI, Section 24 of the South Dakota Constitution

I sure miss you Amp - (Dean Stephens) - Wish I could have met you.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:42 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 40SW
What a fascinating life.

Profile E-mail