Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Customized The 40
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:19 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
Nice rainy afternoon here. Couldn't mow the lawn. So a trip to my buddy's machine shop seemed to be just the ticket to kill the afternoon. This is the end result:

I like how I can differentiate the 380 and the C9 at a glance. I thought why not the same for the 40 and 45? In fact, I think Hi Point should do this. Once the slide was off, it was a 15 second operation on the belt sander. I still have to get the black paint out of the lettering, but thats a project for a different day. Here's a pic of the 380 and 40 together.

Mark

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Customized The 40
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:33 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9-Comp
I like the black lettering! :thumb:

Other guns owned: Various and sundry...lets just say I can launch any of the following ammo...8mm & 7mm Mauser, 7.62X54R or 7.62X39 or 7.62X25, 7.5X55, 9X18, 9X19, .380, .40, .45, .22, .22 mag, .22WRF, .223, 12 ga, 20ga., .30-30, .300 Savage, .303 Brit, 7.62 NATO, and .30-06...so if you want to get rid of some, let me know!!!

He who laughs last........................thinks slowest!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:39 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
Nice job.... personally I like the lettering too.

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:54 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
I don't know why the .380 doesn't tarnish, but the other model that are done like yours do. I did my C9 after screwing up a white lettering job and that thing tarnishes faster than I can polish it. You might want to look into some kind of clear coat to go over it.

Is the .40 rough like the .380, or did you do it more or less polished? If it's like the .380 you may not need a clear coat.

Illegitimi non carborundum

I will be seeing you later Brother Woody!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:59 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

waltham41 wrote:
Nice job.... personally I like the lettering too.

I like it also, but the some of the letters were not stamped deeply enough from the factory. I could try filling in the light letters with black paint and see what happens. If that's a failure, I'll remove it all.
I guess a trip to another buddies body shop is in order. It sure makes life easier when you "know" the right people.

It will cost me in the end - I keep their parking lots plowed and salted in the winter. It's a good deal for all of us. (especially for me to have access to a water - jet!)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:08 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Broomhead wrote:
I don't know why the .380 doesn't tarnish, but the other model that are done like yours do. I did my C9 after screwing up a white lettering job and that thing tarnishes faster than I can polish it. You might want to look into some kind of clear coat to go over it.

Is the .40 rough like the .380, or did you do it more or less polished? If it's like the .380 you may not need a clear coat.

The .380 looks like it may have a matte clear coat on it to me. The finish on my 40 now looks exactly like the .380 so I would call it rough. I used a 80 grit belt to get the correct texture and it only took a couple of seconds on each side. If it starts to tarnish, I'll give it a quick touch up on the belt and then spray it with an automotive clear.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:51 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
stlfomoco wrote:
Broomhead wrote:

The .380 looks like it may have a matte clear coat on it to me. The finish on my 40 now looks exactly like the .380 so I would call it rough. I used a 80 grit belt to get the correct texture and it only took a couple of seconds on each side. If it starts to tarnish, I'll give it a quick touch up on the belt and then spray it with an automotive clear.

:good one: :thumb: :great: :yes2:

Illegitimi non carborundum

I will be seeing you later Brother Woody!

Profile E-mail