Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Tactical 995ts Pro Pics!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:26 pm 
Passerby
Passerby

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
Here's some more of my 995 I've done a lot to it since the first day I bought it around a year ago. I have added so many different things I will try to cover them all. I purchased a right hand charge from brassstacker.com then dipped the handle in some peromix brand plasti dip I got at Lowes. I've added a new stock firing pin assembly, UTG vertical fore grip (with internal storage stash spot), Full length barrel shroud, I also have a compensator I purchased from Hi-point but I prefer the shroud which I purchased from eBay by the way. Also I have dual mag holder on the rear stock, also have a 15 round mag as well from oquirrharm.com Not the pro mag. Front and rear popup mag pull PTS/BUIS, to install front iron sight I had to ingeniously cut a spear picatinny rail to size and mounted on to the front portion of the top of the gun. Added two side picatinny/weaver rails for more accessories and got 12 UTG rubber rail covers from amazon.com to reduce snagging and damage to the rails when not in use. There's also a 190 lumen Nebo Tac light with strobe from Wal-Mart. Aim point t1 micro red dot sight, Aim point 3x magnifier with Larue 30mm flip to side mount to complement the T1. Padded my cheek rest to provide comfort and gripping. I think that's about it not sure if I missed anything but if I did I will be sure to add it here! Hope you enjoy!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Tactical 995ts Pro Pics!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:31 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
Nice job! This is the second time I have seen you refer to your 15 rd mag as not being a ProMag.....They are the only company I am aware of that makes a 15 rd mag for the 995.... Is there a new company out there making hi cap mags for the carbines?

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:45 pm 
Passerby
Passerby

Ive seen two types I just assumed because this one doesn't have promag indications. all the promags ive seen don't have the spacer on the bottom I may very well be wrong also saw another forum that was saying not to purchase promag to get the one oquirrh arms so not to sure but ill have to look at that but if you find out any information on it let me know sorry if I mislead anyone! Also Thanks for the comment!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:02 am 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Googled. Found http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=99162 Not sure if this is relevant or not.

"I am not a Number...I am a Free Man!"
Number Six-The Prisoner

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Gooooo Gators!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:47 am 

diamondstarmonster wrote:
...I purchased a right hand charge from brassstacker.com then dipped the handle in some peromix brand plasti dip I got at Lowes. ....

also have a 15 round mag as well from oquirrharm.com Not the pro mag.

... Hope you enjoy!

Morning Diamondstarmonster. I see you added the Brass Stacker right hand charge. Nice. I was thinking about that myself. How hard was it to install? Does it still retain the "last-round lock open" feature?

From one of your other posts, I did contact Oquirrh Arms to ask the manufacture of the 15 rd magazines and they said it was Promag. Sorry, but that is what they said to me.

Regardless, still like your setup.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:39 pm 
Passerby
Passerby

Thank you all for saving me the time on the research lol! It's good to know now. With the right hand charge It does have the last round hold open but with the left hand charge you have to push a roller in towards the gun once its pulled all the way back to lock bolt open with right hand charge swap there's no way to manually lock the bolt open other than manually cycling each round by pulling the charge each time until the last round ejects only then will it lock back until you put in another mag and pull charge handle back further than release to unlock it hope you got that! But the Right hand charge is very solid a little tricky to install and just a warning when you manually cycle each round they pop u in the knuckle when ejecting so that is my one complaint/negative.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:14 pm 
Collector
Collector

Favorite Hi-Point: 4595
Be careful when manually cycling the slide with live rounds. It's always in the back of my mind that the firing pin serves double duty as ejector on the HP.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:35 am 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sharp!
Donnie D

Profile E-mail