Hipointtalk.net

Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 995TS - noob pics and initial review
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:02 pm 

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
I'm quite the noob to HP's, but do love my 995TS. I have added a few items to make it more to my liking. So far added a HP Forward Grip, HP dual magazine holder,HP side Weaver rails, Brass Stacker Compensator, UTG Bipod, PowerTec Cadet 300 Lumen Flashlight w/Strobe. I'm looking at some other ideas that I see online, but really haven't decided on exact items yet.
Didn't realize how many "supporting" items I needed to purchase (I.E. wanted :roflol: ) like a biometric safe, 10 gun cabinet, eye and ear protection, range bag, targets,etc. Plus, got a range membership at an indoor range that lets me shoot pistol caliber rifles. Funny how that worked out.... :laugh: Oh yea, and ammo, ammo, and more ammo.

I've only had it out to the range once, but hopefully going tomorrow or next Wednesday. Out of the box, it shoots pretty damn good.

Please check out some other pic's and my "noob" review at http://webpages.charter.net/jlevitan1/hipoint/hipoint.html

"You were wrong about us. We were NEVER the problem. We ARE the solution"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: 995TS - noob pics and initial review
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:16 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
:shock: :groan:

There goes the groceries!

Didn't anyone tell you that firearms are addicting? You are officially now :owned: by THEM! :rules: There is no medicine to cure what ails you except spending money on more and more... and more... :hmmm: Just be aware, for a tactical type gun, when it reaches twenty pounds the 'tactical' has pretty much been run off...Just sayin... :lol:

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:24 pm 

Randy wrote:
:shock: :groan:

There goes the groceries!

Didn't anyone tell you that firearms are addicting? You are officially now :owned: by THEM! :rules: There is no medicine to cure what ails you except spending money on more and more... and more... :hmmm: Just be aware, for a tactical type gun, when it reaches twenty pounds the 'tactical' has pretty much been run off...Just sayin... :lol:

Hi Randy. Yep, very addicting for sure. I do feel "owned", but in a good way! Maybe it is part of the logical side of my brain, that I went for the HP 995TS, but I figured I could get this weapon, brand new, and still have a few dollars left to customize it to my preferences.

Total agree about the weight. I weighed every additional item with the wifes super sensitive food scale (yea, she was pleased...NOT) and stopped with the items shown. The weapon as sitting is 9 lbs. Oh, please check out the small review on my website
http://webpages.charter.net/jlevitan1/hipoint/hipoint.html , especially the "Weight/Size/Comfort:" comments......

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:07 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
I checked out your *gushing* page. :whistle: It was really good. :thumb:

Are you a web developer? That is a very professional page. I've had a few classes for that on my way to a bachelors degree in information tech. Doing a really boring class on systems analysis now.

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:44 am 

Randy wrote:
I checked out your *gushing* page. :whistle: It was really good. :thumb:

Are you a web developer? That is a very professional page. I've had a few classes for that on my way to a bachelors degree in information tech. Doing a really boring class on systems analysis now.

Hi Randy. Thanks for checking out the web page. I work in IT at liberal arts college (yep, a handful of conservative common sense thinking group within the very liberal academia world :groan: ), but I'm not a web developer. I just started that many years ago before the Facebook/Twitter/"input social media here" rage took over. You can see from my main http://webpages.charter.net/jlevitan1/ page, that I kinda use the same format for all my "hobbies" :) One of these days, I'll sit down and modernize / clean it up.......

Yep, system analysis requires a great deal of concentration, and even a greater amount of coffee.... but your degree will be worth it for the future...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:17 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
Very nice write up, and thank you very much for the link to HPT we can use all of the help we can get! ;)

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail